Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Too Many Devices

I have decided that I don't enjoy blogging on the iPad.

Coming soon: An iPad learning experience write up!

For now, I am packing to head off to Comic-Con San Diego. I know, I know...I've kept the fact that I am a huge nerd super under wraps....I don't have an ewok in my classroom...
This is my first experience with the whole Comic-Con world. My friends have gone for years and have watched it get bigger and bigger. Last year when they were there waiting in line for the Firefly panel  enjoying themselves, I realized how super jealous I was. So now, I have all of my best digs laid out and ready to go:

But the one thing that surprised me is that there are legitimate panels for educators at this massive event. Things like:

and...


and finally...



Basically, I've decided that I deserve professional development units for this. 
Not only is the sci-fi /fantasy nerd in me incredibly excited for this event; but also, the educational geek is totally stoked to hang with some of these educators that probably have enjoyed a sci-fi day or two in their classrooms over the years. 

Spirit day in my room at the end of the year....Love, LOVE that this amazing kiddo dressed up as the 11th Doctor!

Having all of those panels in mind, I will try and keep my blog updated through the duration of this trip. It may be iPad blogging, which either I haven't figured out (and hate because of that) or is really lame (and I hate it because of that). 

For now, back to packing because this is happening:

and I need to stop blogging and playing Candy Crush at the same time.

Do you do any sorts of exciting professional development over the summer?



2 comments:

  1. Hey Katie!Geeks Unite!!!! I am envious green over you getting to go to ComCon. The Sparkles (my daugthers), the Mr. and I were just talking about it. But we're in WI.

    Have a blast!!

    Heather
    Peacocks & Penguins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather!
      It was incredible! I'll be posting a review soon, so hopefully I can send some more good geeky feelings your way!

      Delete